Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Sundae

One of my favorite things about Summer is farm fresh fruits and vegetables available everywhere you turn.  So no matter what's on my nightly dinner menu, I always include a seasonal roasted veggie that my husband and I inhale like potato chips.  

After a dozen or more meals of the same old (delicious) roasted Summer veggies, I tried Food & Wine's *Grilled Broccoli with Chipotle-Lime Butter and Queso Fresco and became instantly obsessed.  The lime and honey-chipotle combo creates a magical combination that will make you forget you're eating your broccoli 'like a good boy (or girl)'.  Finally, the queso fresco ties it all together as the cherry on top of this vegetable sundae. 

*Since I didn't feel like slaving over the grill after putting my boys to bed, I roasted the broccoli instead at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes (flipping it every so often). It was divine and is definitely my new favorite side. 



PC: Confections of a Foodie Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment